9 ways to become more generous all year round
December is certainly the month of generosity. Most of us make donations or volunteer for causes we believe in, and offer gifts to the people we love. But generosity is such an important value that it’s needed all year long.
However, we all have busy schedules and all sorts of personal and professional commitments, so finding the time to do good can be challenging. But there are actually lots of quick ways to help people and make a difference in their lives. Here are 9 of them:
1. Think of random acts of kindness
Making someone’s day with a kind gesture is so easy and priceless, and it will certainly make your day, too. Notice the people around you, their likes, their wants, their passions, their troubles, and you’ll soon find something you can do for every one of them. Whether it’s buying your colleague a cup of coffee, helping a random lady carry her groceries, or surprising your partner with their favorite ice cream.
2. Donate money to a charity you care about
Donating a portion of what you save is a very generous gesture. Even a small amount can make a difference. Charities need money to continue their projects and to pay their employees. Making a donation is always very appreciated, especially when you don’t have the time to help by doing volunteer work.
3. Show gratitude
Showing your gratitude to the people around you demonstrates them that you care and that you appreciate what they do for you. Also, practising gratitude is not just good for the people you give thanks to, but also for you. It is scientifically proven that being grateful improves mental health and night sleep.
4. Use your skills to help others
We’ve all got a set of unique skills that can be put to good use. And what better use is there than helping others? Sharing your experience and knowledge by teaching others or just plain helping them with something they need is a great way to put your assets to work.
5. Volunteer in your community
Whether you choose to join an already established local charity or you want to start some actions on your own, volunteering in your community is extremely rewarding. Charities always need more volunteers to help with their projects. Or perhaps you think there are areas that could be improved and that are not yet covered by NGOs and you can start organising your own charitable activities.
6. Post favorable reviews of your favorite products/services
This is a fast and easy one! As you know, reviews are extremely important to the development of a business and you can help your favorite businesses grow by posting good reviews and ratings for them. It’s easy, quick, and free! You can write a review on their social media page, on an external website, or even praise them on your own page.
7. Talk to your friends who are going through rough times
Sometimes being generous means just listening and being there for someone who is going through a rough patch. Whether it’s a friend, neighbor, colleague, family member, or even just a stranger in the street who looks lost, you can help someone by listening to their woes and giving a piece of advice.
8. Don’t refrain from making compliments
Sometimes people refrain from making compliments for fear of being misunderstood. But when you genuinely like something about someone it’s a good idea to tell them! It’s not cheap flattery with the purpose of gaining something in return, it’s just honest admiration. You can definitely make people feel better about themselves just with your words.
9. Send your loved ones in Cuba a great top up bonus
You can do this twice a month, when Cubacel usually hosts promotions. You get to send your friends and family back home not only mobile credit, but also generous bonuses along with it.
And guess what! A new promotion is on the way! Between December 19 – 24, you get to send:
- 500 CUP – 40 GB + Unlimited Internet from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 600 CUP – 40 GB + Unlimited Internet from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 700 CUP – 40 GB + Unlimited Internet & Minutes from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 1000 CUP – 40 GB + Unlimited Internet & Minutes from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 1250 CUP – 80 GB + Unlimited Internet & Minutes from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 1400 CUP – 80 GB + Unlimited Internet & Minutes from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 2000 CUP – 80 GB + Unlimited Internet & Minutes from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- 2500 CUP- 120 GB + Unlimited Internet & Minutes from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.